Learn how to do business with the Government of Canada
The Atlantic Canadian Women in Growth Partnership (ACWGP) is thrilled to announce their “Federal Procurement – Learn how to do business with the Government of Canada” coming up in June.
Have you ever wondered what it takes to land a contract with the Government of Canada? Public Services and Procurement Canada’s Office of Small and Medium Enterprises (OSME) is here to make it easier for smaller businesses to bid on federal contracting opportunities. OSME wants to help small business owners to better understand how the Government of Canada buys goods and services, and how to navigate the process to find opportunities.
//// June 24th, 2021 – 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. (ADT) 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (NDT)
Session 1: Selling Goods and Services to the Government of Canada
The Government of Canada purchases over $20 billion of goods and services each year. This session will provide you with key information about how to sell to the Government of Canada that will help you learn how to:
- Find out whether the Government of Canada buys your goods or service
- Understand the contracting process including Invitations to Tender, Requests for Proposals, Standing Offers and Supply Arrangements
- Take advantage of the procurement information on Buyandsell.gc.ca
- Register in supplier databases
- Sell professional services to the Government of Canada including the procurement tools a Government of Canada buyer may use for professional services (ProServices, Task and Solutions Professional Services (TSPS), Task and Solutions-Based Informatics Professional Services (TBIPS/SBIPS), etc.)
- How Government procurement is moving online
//// June 29th, 2021 – 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. (ADT) 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (NDT)
Session 2: How to bid on Opportunities with the Government of Canada
Would you like to learn more about how to bid on tender opportunities with the Government of Canada? This session will provide you with a detailed overview of the federal bidding process and provides key information to help you bid on opportunities, including:
- The different types of solicitation documents
- The main elements of a solicitation document and how to respond to them
- How bids are evaluated and suppliers are selected
- How to follow-up after receipt of the bidding process results
- Best practices, tips and suggestions
//// June 30th, 2021 – 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (ADT) 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (NDT)
Session 3: Ask OSME Anything!
Virtual bilingual drop-in session with the Office of Small and Medium Enterprises (OSME) for discussions related to government procurement. Connect for a few minutes to ask questions on doing business with the Government of Canada or stay for the full session. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Ask questions on how to sell goods and services to the Government of Canada
- Learn about tools and resources, including how to navigate the tenders page on www.BuyAndSell.gc.ca
- Pick up tips on finding opportunities, bidding best practices, and more.